Brain-based therapy is the fastest-growing area in the field of psychological health because it has proven that it can immediately address issues that talk therapy can take years to heal. Now Dr. David Grand presents the next leap forward in psychological care-combining the strengths of brain-based and talk therapies into a powerful technique he calls Brainspotting. In Brainspotting, Dr. Grand reveals the key insight that allowed him to develop this revolutionary therapeutic tool: that where we look reveals critical information about what’s going on in our brain. Join him to learn about:
- The history of Brainspotting-how it evolved from EMDR practice as a more versatile tool for brain-based therapy
- Brainspotting in action-case studies and evidence for the effectiveness of the technique
- An overview of the different aspects of Brainspotting and how to use them
- Between sessions-how clients can use Brainspotting on their own to reinforce and accelerate healing
- Why working simultaneously with the right and left brain can lead to expanded creativity and athletic performance
- How Brainspotting can be used to treat PTSD, anxiety, depression, addiction, physical pain, chronic illness, and much more
“Brainspotting lets the therapist and client participate together in the healing process,” explains Dr. Grand. “It allows us to harness the brain’s natural ability for self-scanning, so we can activate, locate, and process the sources of trauma and distress in the body.” With Brainspotting, this pioneering researcher introduces an invaluable tool that can support virtually any form of therapeutic practice-and greatly accelerate our ability to heal.